JOIN US IN OUR MISSION
How You Can Help
There are many ways to be involved with Western Regional CASA. You can become an advocate, help volunteer, be a partner or donate to our cause. Read below for more information on the various ways you can help. We value your support.
Become a Volunteer
CASA volunteers come from all walks of life, bringing a variety of experiences to their work as advocates on behalf of abused and neglected children. There are no special educational or professional requirements, but advocates must be 21 years old. Volunteers are carefully screened and receive 30 hours of training before being assigned to children.
The CASA volunteer’s primary responsibility is to serve as the “eyes and ears” of the Court, gathering information from the child, his/her biological parents, foster parents, teachers, counselors, etc. and make recommendations to the judge as to what is in the child’s best interest.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please download, complete and submit the forms below. A CASA representative will contact you upon receipt of your application. Additional paperwork may be required.
Become a Friend of Western Regional CASA
Western Regional CASA is always in need of volunteers outside of our advocates. If you are an individual that may not be able to be an advocate for a child we have opportunities to help with fundraising, event planning, volunteer recruitment, administrative work, etc. For more information, please call us at (304) 523-9587, ext. 307 or send us an email.
Become a Corporate Partner
Western Regional CASA is always working to build partnerships with West Virginia businesses that are committed to improving the lives of children by promoting volunteerism among their employees, providing in kind services, or providing financial support. Here are some examples of corporate partnership opportunities:
- Host a CASA Information/Orientation Meeting
- Sponsor a Volunteer Training Class or Session
- Provide meeting space for Volunteer Training classes
- Promote awareness of CASA within your workplace
- Become a sponsor of a local or statewide event
- Provide in-kind support, such as printing, graphic design, etc.
Western Regional CASA depends on donors to continue our work on behalf of West Virginia’s children. If you are interested in donating, you can:
- Mail a check payable to Western Regional CASA to P.O. Box 1653, Huntington, WV 25717
- Make a donation online by clicking here
- Invite us to speak at a meeting of any service organizations to which you may belong
- Support us with in-kind donations of office supplies, gifts or gift cards for volunteers
All donations made to our organization are tax-deductible. Thank you for your support!