JOIN US IN OUR MISSION
Partners in Prevention
Partners in Prevention is a unique model of communities working together to strengthen families and help West Virginia’s children grow up free from abuse and neglect.
This model is based on the belief that child well-being hinges on the capacity of local communities to support families and protect children. This approach is built on a framework of collaboration between and among community groups, state and local organizations and local teams.
Community teams across the state participate in this program of educational workshops, networking and mini-grants. The goals of the teams are:
- Raising awareness about the prevention of child abuse and neglect
- Developing and expanding effective services that prevent or reduce child maltreatment
- Informing policymakers about best practices in the prevention of child abuse and neglect
Partners in Prevention is a statewide network of community teams implementing various community projects and working together to keep children safe. Participating teams receive annual grants of up to $5,000 to conduct local projects to strengthen families, protect children, and engage the public in these efforts. Forty-four community teams are participating as Partners in Prevention.
For specific information about the PCAWV grant programs, please contact Genny Ferri, Community Partnerships Coordinator, at (304) 438-5655 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Story by the Numbers
In State Fiscal Year 2017, Partners in Prevention teams across the state of West Virginia:
- Provided Public Education and/or Services to 83,456 individuals and organizations.
- Distributed 68,141 pieces of educational materials and/or resource packets to caregivers and community members.
- Trained 3,875 individuals and/or organizations through locally based workshops and a variety of prevention curricula.
- Coordinated 388 public events in their communities, and
- Generated 404 public messages (via print articles, radio, and television) about the importance of supporting and nurturing children & families, as well as public engagement activities to help families thrive.