Dealing with the sudden unexpected death of a baby to any cause is devastating and is like no other loss. Grieving is a long journey which requires time, patience, and compassionate support. The following resources are being shared to help families or others who have been touched by the loss of a baby:
- Embracing Invisible Wings: Support group for bereaved parents and their families – Contact: Lee Ann Romeo, United Hospital Center, Bridgeport WV: 681-342-4346
- WV Family Grief Center: (304) 282-4935 Provides caring support to grieving children, teens and adults. Groups are offered at “NO COST” to participating families.
- Grieve Out Loud: grieveoutloud.org . A comprehensive holistic bereavement care program serving families and professionals touched by pregnancy loss and/or infant death
- First Candle: firstcandle.org, 1-800-221-7437. Provides online support groups, grief support and resources to families who have experienced a loss.
- Healing Hearts Infant Bereavement Program: cribsforkids.org. An initiative of Cribs for Kids®, this program assists families who have been touched by a crisis in pregnancy or the death of a baby.
- Butterfly Angels: The McKinley Anne Foundation (Some help with funeral expenses may be available) Phone: 724-986-1874, Waynesburg, PA
- Comfort Zone Camp:comfortzonecamp.org/about-us. Bereavement Camp for children 7-17. Programs are free of charge and include confidence building activities and age-based support groups that break the emotional isolation grief often brings
- The Dougy Center:dougy.org. The National Center for Grieving Support for Children and Families – provide support in a safe place where children, teens, young adults and their families grieving a death can share their experiences.
- Compassionate Friends:compassionatefriends.com. A self-help organization offering friendship, understanding, and hope to bereaved families that have experienced the death of a child.
- Share Pregnancy and Infant Loss Support: Phone: 800-821-6819 Email:email@example.com